I'm Back Trading Again

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 |

Happy New Year to eveyone!

It's a new year and I have also resumed trading. I am trading Philippine stocks and the forex again.

First of all, I would like to clarify to everyone that I am only trading measly amounts of money on these two instruments or my whole trading account in fact. I am not risking my whole bahay kubo when I opened my accounts. Right now I traded 7,000 shares of MPI (Metro Pacific Investments Corp) at P4.45 and I am short on the USDJPY at a total of 6,000 units or $120 at 50x leverage.

My reason for trading the MPI was the earnings per share(EPS) figure was at P19 while the share price is at P4.5. Its like buying P4 for only P1. Its an extremely attractive bargain. If Warren Buffet was probably buying PSE stocks, he would have bought all available stocks of MPI. But I maybe mistaken, I may not know the reason why nobody is biting on the bait. Hmmm! Smells fishy. Anyways hope it turns out ok.

I started trading the USDJPY last week before New Year's Day. I keep reading news that US will still continue to cut its interest rate which is bearish for the dollar. I am a total of 6,000 units short. I chose to short the USDJPY because the charts are showing a good turn down and the Japanese are cutting down on their carry trades or so they say.

Hey! My son just woke up and I am the babysitter for today. Until my next post.

Got lots of comments since my last post. Thanks guys.

I am including my daily trading log/studies embedded on this post. This excel sheet shows my opinion of each pair then under the worksheets is a summary of each currency. I will try to update or post this excel file everytime. Here goes:

0 comments: